Hi this is my ANZAC task. We did it because ANZAC day was that week.
ANZAC Task Week One and Two.
Compulsory Task 1 - 7
Task One: When was World War I? On the 28 of July 1914 and lasted until the 11 of November 1918.
Task Two: Name 10 countries that participated in World War I.
1. New Zealand.
7. Austria - Hungary.
8. Ottoman Empire.
Task Three: When was World War II?
September 1, 1939 – September 2, 1945
Task Four: Name 10 countries that participated in World War II
10.United States of America.
Task Five: ANZAC is an acronym - what does it stand for?
- Australia New Zealand Army Corps.
Task Six: Name three other acronyms and what they stand for
1. ASAP. ( As soon as possible.)
2. RSA. ( Returned Services' Association.)
3. NATO. ( North Atlantic Treaty Organization.)
Task Seven: Use this quiz site to answer the following questions
Where is Gallipoli? Western Turkey.
When did the first ANZACs land at ANZAC cove? 4.28am on Sunday 25 April 1915.
Where did nurses serve in World War I? Vladivostok, Burma, India, Persian Gulf, Egypt, Greece, Italy, France and England.
Choose two out of Task 8, Task 9, and Task 10
Task 8: Write a newspaper article that might have been around in the World War I stating what would have been happening. Try to include as much detail as possible so that the reader gets a really good idea about what life would have been like living in the war.
This website will help you
Task 9: Listen to the audio of “The Last Post” Click here Write down how it makes you feel. This should be a mini paragraph.
9.It makes me proud like I have done something extraordinary. By that I mean that it make me feel like I have won something or set a world recored.
Task 10: Watch the video on how to make ANZAC biscuits. Turn the sound off on your computer and Click here. Record how to make them - use your eyes to watch and NOT your ears to listen.
- You will need 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Then you put 1 cup of plain flour.
- Then you will add 1 cup of sugar.
- Add butter with 2 tablespoon of golden syrup.
- Add 180g of butter.
- You will now have to add 1 teaspoons of baking powder in a separate bowl and add 4 teaspoons of water in the bowl with the baking powder then stir well. Add 1 cup of coconut.
- Then add all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and then stir well.
- Then add all the liquid ingredients in a different bowl and stir.
- Then add the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients in it and then stir. Then roll little balls and put the on a lined baking tray and then flatten them down.