Hi guys and welcome back to my blog. I hope you all had an amazing holiday because I did. For my holidays I went to stable hearts every day. On Saturday the 9th of July, the day after school ended mum got a phone call from Anna to see if I could get dropped off at the stables. Within 10 minutes after I had arrived they told me that they had gotten me a pony. I was so excited. At 5.00 pm that evening he arrived. His name is Flash and he is a 20 year old Clydesdale cross. Flash is a bay gelding with a white star. I spent all 16 day of my holiday at the stable.
Here are some photos.
This is me taking him over to get a drink.
This is when Flash just got off the horse float.
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Today I'm going to be sharing my passion project reflection. For my passion project I attempted to sew a blue with white polka dot dress. We had to complete all the questions to our personal best. Some bit were easier than I thought and some bit were harder than I thought. Here is my reflection.
Describe your passion project. What was your learning in it? What were you trying to produce?
I was making a blue with white polka dot dress. I was learning to use a sewing machine and sew a dress that I can wear. I also had to learn about the pattern and then figure out how to read it.
How far did you get with your passion project? What would have helped you to get further?
I got quite far in my passion project. I only had to hem the bottom sew the sides together then sew the dip on. I could of gotten further if people had shared the sewing machine more and not moaned that I was taking a little long, because when I was taking a little while it was because the needle had ever broke or my thread had come out of the needle.
What was the most challenging part of your passion project?
The most challenging bit would have to be reading the pattern at the start because I didn’t really understand it.
What was surprising about your passion project?
It was harder at times than I thought it would be and it was sometimes easy than I thought.
Did you follow your plan well? Why or why not?
I think I did follow my plan well because I didn’t change my project and I did exactly what my diary entry said I was going to do.
Which learning muscles did you use the most while you were working on your passion project? How did you use each one?
I use my perseverance muscle most. I used it when I had done all the pinning on the dress then I had to undo some of it. I also used it when I had accidentally sewn crooked and I had to unpick it.
Which learning muscles did you find difficult to stretch during passion project time?
My collaboration muscle because when we were all up to sewing me and Ruby were trying to set up a schedule but nobody was listening and they moaned that someone else was first on the sewing machine.
Include a picture/embedded link to your passion project
If you were allowed to pick a new passion project, what would you choose and why?
I would chose to make up a dressage test then record me doing it then write some instruction on how to do the test. I would chose that because I love riding horses and it would be fun to do and I would learn a dressage test as well.
What was your favourite part of passion projects?
Would have to be learning how to read a pattern and making a dress and using a sewing machine.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave a comment.
This week I'm sharing my student reflection. This reflection was going in our half school reports. We had to chose 6 out of 22 questions to answer. We had to do them all to our personal best. We could do it about school stuff or out of school stuff. This is my reflection.
- What has been your highlight of the year so far and why? My highlight of the year would be getting asked to join the B.T.R (born to ride). This is my highlight because there are only two other girls in the B.T.R and we get to go on the weekends for free and get to go on rides in the paddock.
- What are you like as a learning buddy? I think i’m a good learning buddy because I help them when they are stuck on tasks. I also try and sit by them alot so if they need any help i’m right there to help them. I think I am good at helping them manage their destructions and they also sometimes help me manage my distractions.
- What is your favourite subject and why? My favourite subject is art because it is very fun and you have to really concentrate. It is also a very relaxing subject and you can do it at school and out of school.
- What is your biggest achievement this year and why? Getting a young leaders badge because not many years 6’s get a young leader badge. Also it means the teachers trust me and being a young leader has a lot of other responsibilities so you have to be able to get my class work done to.
- What do you like about getting to chose your own learning? I like being able to chose our own learning tasks because if I feel like doing a reading task and not a maths task, I can do a reading task then come back to my writing.
- Are you following the device agreement? Explain? I follow my device agreement because I am always on the right thing at the right time. Also I don’t drop my device or leave it out at morning tea/lunch.
Please leave a comment.