Thursday, September 22, 2016

PBL Reflection

This week I am sharing my PBL reflection. PBL stands for Project Based Learning. For our PBL we had to chose something related about the Olympics to learn about. I choose Show Jumping. I made a slide all about Show Jumping. After we did our project we had to do a reflection.
Here is my reflection,


OLYMPIC PBL REFLECTION
Project Topic: a slide about Show Jumping.


Photo/Screenshot of Project (insert below)
Here is a screenshot of 2 of my slides.
Slide 4.png
Slide 5.png



Finish these starters:
  • Something I enjoyed about my project was learning more about Show Jumping    because I knew a little bit about it and wanted to learn more.


  • The most challenging thing about my project was putting the notes into interesting sentences because I wanted to make them as interesting as possible for the reader.


  • The main skill I got better at was putting my notes into sentences.  I got better at it by practicing and practicing.


  • Something interesting I learnt was there is a brick wall jump in Show Jumping and there are 10-13 jumps on a Show Jumping course.                      


  • What I would most like to change about my project would be changing my slide into a QR code of me talking about Show Jumping because it would show more multimedia. Also I would like to manage my time better so I could get my mini Show Jumping arena done.

  • I would like to do my next PBL about horses. I would learn all about the horse. Also I would like to find lots of interesting facts about horses.


Choose three learning muscles and explain how you used them during your PBL.
Noticing-I had to notice when my work didn’t make sense or when there was a spelling mistake.
Managing distractions-I had to manage my distractions when my friend were talking beside me.
Absorption-I was absorbed in my project because I really wanted to finish.




Create a Description of Your Project
This needs to have either video or audio. You can use any app you like. Include a link here. You will embed it as part of your Reflection PBL Blog Post.
Script,
Hi I’m Victoria and I’m a 10 year old girl in Rimu hub. Today I am sharing a little description about my project. We had to chose something related about the Olympics to learn about. I chose Show Jumping. I love horses and horse riding so I thought why not learn more about it. I think my project turn out quite good. I was wanting to make a mini Show Jumping arena but I didn’t get time. I am very proud of what I achieved. It took me a lot of time researching about Show Jumping, but it was worth it. In the end I ended up making a slide all about Show Jumping. I hope you liked my project.

I hope you liked my reflection.
Here is my slide


I hope you like my post. Please leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Victoria, I can see that you have worked extra extra hard on this project and have put a lot of effort into this project! Keep up these awesome blog posts. Kia kaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you choose to do it about something you really enjoy! By the looks of it you put heaps of effort into this. Did you learn heaps?

    ReplyDelete